Monday, January 1, 2007

No News Is Good News

I am alive. Have been all this time. Belated Merry Christmas. Id Mubarak. All that stuff. And Happy Hanging of Saddam. Here's how wacked out this place is... in "protest" of the hanging of Saddam, and in protest to rotten stinky American Imperialists, there was a "bandh" declared from 3pm until 6pm on Saturday, which was the same day as cousin Agnel's wedding so we had to high tail it home before the stones and chants started. Bandhs (I prolly have spelled it bundt in another posting, that's cuz i'm STOOPID) are like an overall strike where everybody has to close down or run the risk of having communists throw rocks at them and burn their stuff up.

Good times. But it was all very minor, no big deal. We all got back home, played cards and watched BBC news.

There have been 2 other weddings, like 5 post or pre parties involving weddings, and some 5 costume changes involving all of the above... today is a blissful day of rest and then it's back to the Meenachil river Aunty's house for a picnic and then the morning of the 4th... sniff sniff, Saby heads back to Dayton via Dubai.

Shall write more later... we will be going to Cochin (obviously to drop him off, but I should be staying there for some girlie shopping fun with cousin Anu and Cynthia)

Uhhhh okay byeeeeeee.

IF my mother reads this, she should call me becuase she hasn't yet :-)

Love to all!

5 comments:

lizzybeth said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
When do you head back to the US?

nix said...

lina!

happy new year to you and saby and the entire family! i have been reading your blog and must apologize for not leavng any comments earlier.

extraordinary stuff you write... hte best part is of course that i dont have to archive any of this and let you have it later when you write your book :-)...

i am just getting ready to watch the rose bowl here... looking forward to hearing more stories... nikhil

nix said...

also, how was tommy's wedding!?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Got your message last night (my time - 10:18 - and I proceeded to say to Jim - ah! weird number, not going to answer). Ah! and it was you - wish I did answer to say HAPPY NEW YEAR. Nothing new (wink, wink) yet. Will keep you updated, of course. I heard from Eliese today -she had a brilliant idea to plan a date away in Chicago - we can all meet up. What do you say - when you're back of course! - bye for now!

Unknown said...

Linarina-
Millones de perdones, of course we are reading your blog, I just was not smart enough to know how to leave a comment until now. I have enjoyed reading, and look fwd to the pictures. I will call you as soon as I can (and I feel you might be off the jet lag enough to take my call) to let you in on some updates.
MELANIE