Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Singapore Sling...

Free internet rocks... I have 12:49 to give the lowdown on why Singapore could be the coolest place AND airline in existance ;-)
For 14 hours of mind-numbing pacific crossing coach class marathon plane riding, we were fed 3 times, had access to television, Nintendo, music and news, and every few hours they'd bring around hot towels "to freshen". Also, the air hostesses are so bloody cute... I think I have a little hetero-crush on them all, so much that I bought a Singapore Airlines airhostess outfit (the traditional dress of the Malay I hear) in a gift shop over here. The fetish begins? Anyway...
I watched Family Guy, Khanna Kazana with Sanjeev Kapoor, House, How I Met Your Mother, a tamil movie called Jerry, most of Wallace & Grommit's new movie, played trivia, conquered 4 worlds worth of Super Mario Brothers, played Centipede, and did a crossword, all from the semi-comfort of my coach seat.
(so much for no more tv)
What else? We took the tour... I used the loo in Taiwan (it was a squat loo~ exciting!!) we befriended some people and generally had a good time in and around Singapore's Airport. What a beautiful descent. Now it's just about 2 hours until we fly off for Kochi, or Cochin India on the final leg of what is only now beginning to seem like a neverending journey.

Lamest of the lame, I ate Subway for dinner :)

Can I be negative for a second and say that one guy on the plane from LAX was stinkingso badly that it was permeating across the aisle? But then... judge not, lest ye be judged... I think we were ALL stinking by the end of that trip. Poor Singapore got a horrible whiff of "feet" smell when they cracked open the tin can that was our trans-Pacific 747.

Oh! Other interesting thing... at least for po-dunk kids from the village *country* like me... for 8 dollars (best 8 bucks EVER) I was able to take a shower in the cleanest, most comfortable, best water pressure ever shower at one of the Transit Hotels over here. VERY COOL SCHEME! Do wonders ever cease?

Singapore is one lovely city, btw... photos to be posted hopefully soon. Okay, got to run... Aunty should be emerging from her superman esque quick change and we're headed off to board. My tummy's starting to ache.. I think it wants to lay down instead of be sitting up. Might be a call some airport floor sleeping before we depart...

Rambling, rambling... I already lost this once (first one was better) but the darn free internet access logged me out so THERE. Done.

Love
Lina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lina -
You are wonderfully hilarious! Love the blog and being kept entertained and up-to-date on you exciting holiday trip!
Sorry I missed you before you left - still wish you were going to be back in Michigan -but understand you want to be with your hubby!
Have you used your fun bathrooom contraption yet?!? Can't wait to hear how that went (not too many details, please!)
Bye for now!